So that you can enjoy your home textiles for a long time, we recommend the following care and washing instructions:
How are linen textiles washed?
- Linen should be washed at a maximum of 40 °C on a gentle cycle with a maximum spin speed of 600 rpm. For stubborn stains, you can increase the temperature up to 60°C. However, you should not wash too often at high temperatures, otherwise the linen fabric can shrink.
- Linen requires a lot of water because the fibers swell. The washing machine should only be filled halfway.
- Linen should be washed separately from other fabrics and colors.
- Thin linen fabrics are easily damaged in the washing machine, so it is best to wash them by hand or in a laundry bag.
- Use soft and neutral detergents for delicate fabrics. Avoid harsh detergents with bleach (e.g. chlorine, peroxide).
How can linen textiles be bleached?
- Only white linen pieces can be bleached.
- It is recommended to use oxygen-based bleach.
How can linen textiles be dried?
- It is recommended to hang linen textiles when damp or let them dry flat on a white towel.
- If you're using a tumble dryer, be sure not to use the "cupboard dry" feature, instead, remove the linen pieces while they're still damp and let them dry completely by hanging them up or laying them flat.
- If possible, dry white linen pieces in the sun. This keeps the fresh white for longer.
How can linen textiles be ironed?
- Ironing is not necessary as the slight creases give the fabric its typical linen look.
- If you still want to iron your linen textiles, do so while they are still slightly damp.
- Always iron inside out or on the inside.
- Use medium or high heat and steam. If necessary, you can also spray some water on the linen.
- It is recommended to hand wash or machine wash at max 30-40°C on a gentle cycle.
- It is best to line dry the garment. Alternatively, the tumble dryer can also be set to a low setting.
- Iron on low if you like the fabric smooth; however, we recommend letting the natural waves of the hemp textiles be.
- If you want to bleach the fabric, use oxygen-based bleach and only on white fabrics.
Important note on color differences
Please note that there may be color differences if you buy the same colored items at different times. With natural materials it can happen that the shade of color differs from batch to batch. That's why we always recommend buying a complete set of a product category.